January 15, 2010

On unemployment...


"This is the best thing to wear for today, you understand. Because I don't like women in skirts and the best thing is to wear pantyhose or some pants under a short skirt, I think. Then you have the pants under the skirt and then you can pull the stockings up over the pants underneath the skirt. And you can always take off the skirt and use it as a cape. So I think this is the best costume for today. "
Edith Bouvier Beale II


Unemployment makes me feel a little bit like the Edies.  
Okay. It's not that bad, but unemployment coupled with no washer and dryer...
It's a slippery slope, y'all.

1 comment:

From Me To You said...

I was just talking about Grey Gardens. Great quote and on unemployment.. "I can't think about that today, I'll think about that tomorrow."
I love your bio btw, I've had to send my blog link to my parents multiple times. Glad you liked the sweet potato fries!